1) hubstation in my room is working fine, for months.
2) just got a new hubstation for my parent's room; that when it all started; from day 1, the remote control is just..... crap. (ranging from super sensitive, press 5-5, it goes to 555 and jumps to channel 404 or unresponsive: press 5-5; it goes to channel 5.)
3) plagued by remote control blues, same problem when i brought my remote from the hubstation #1.... same behaviour.
4) called up tech support, arranged an onsite. and all of a sudden, the remote started behaving nicely, as advertised.
5) cancelled the appointment, and the problem started all over again.
6) couldn't take the daily rants from both parents, i finally brought the unit down to plaza sing, starhub customer service.
7) guess what? the device worked beautifully when setup at the CS counter.
8) after much discussion with the 3 dudes there (who are starting to doubt my sanity); they mentioned that, for some TVs, "the backlit interferes with the sensitive remote"
and me going: "but i tried with the older remote and have the same problem"
9) no choice, couldn't prove the "faulty" unit... brought it back..
10) put the hubstation into the shadows of the tv-rack... and covered the RF receiver area with a tint toy mask.....
11) hey presto! it is now working...
12) this is the story of starhub r&d.... and they should give free stormtrooper masks to all hubstation owners